My Morning Lemon, Ginger & Turmeric Detox Tonic
Hello my mighty Plante Lifers!
Okay, my friends, we’re going to get personal here, right off the bat. Are you regular? Yep, I’m asking if you go number two regularly? Like a few times a day?
Yes, a few times a day.
I know for some people, going a few times a week may seem normal. I have to admit, that thought totally freaks me out because all of the toxins that are supposed to be moving through you are being absorbed right back into your bloodstream when you don’t expel them from your system. This build up of toxins can cause inflammation and irritation throughout your entire body.
Here’s are a few fun facts for you. The travel time for a healthy bowel movement is between 12 and 24 hours—meaning whatever you ate for dinner should be moving out of your body by the next night. Unfortunately, the normal travel time for the bowels of the average American is somewhere between 48 and 96 hours. Yuck! Imagine the dinner you ate three days ago sitting in your stomach rotting at a warm 98 degrees!
Now, I know you’ve heard me say it over and over, and I’ll say it again—good health begins in your gut! It is so important to properly digest, absorb nutrients and eliminate our food.
So for this month, we are talking detoxification! Detoxing is the best way to cleanse your system of the toxins built up from eating processed junk foods, sugar, unhealthy fats, using toxic make-up and household products as well as drinking un-purified water.
And ridding your body of toxins is easier than you think!
This week, I’m starting your detox journey with a yummy detox tea recipe. This tried and true daily drink will remove toxins, enhance your digestion, increase antioxidants and boost your immunity. When I started drinking this every morning and it helped my digestion tremendously! You can drink this tonic warm or cold and throughout the day if you like, but I recommend drinking a warm cup of tonic every morning to get your day going—literally!
This Morning Lemon, Ginger & Turmeric Tonic will make you beautiful from the inside out. So, now you can sip your way to glowing skin and a healthy bod!
Morning Lemon, Ginger & Turmeric Tonic
(Makes 10 Servings of Concentrate)
• 6 cups of purified water
• Juice from 6 organic lemons
• (1) 6” piece of fresh ginger
• 1 ½ tsp ground turmeric
• 2-3 cinnamon sticks
• ½ tsp cayenne pepper (add more if you like it spicy!)
Note: Add 1 tsp raw organic honey or organic maple syrup to your cup of tonic if you need a lil’ sweetness.
1. Peel the ginger and slice into thin slices.
2. In a large pot, add the water and ginger slices and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
3. Add cinnamon sticks, ground turmeric, and cayenne. Then simmer for another 10 minutes. Stir the mixture a few times.
4. Remove from heat, let it cool down and add the juice of 6 organic lemons. Then strain into a large mason jar or two.
5. Store this concentrate in the fridge for up to one week.
6. Add about ¼ cup of the concentrate to 6 ounces of water. Add 1 tsp raw honey or organic maple syrup if needed.
7. Then sip and beautify your bod!
LOVE + happy detoxing!